Today we faced our final ordeal for this renovation. Well, it is definitely up there. There is no saying what still lays in store for us.
My approach was to duck out completely, I was going to work upstairs on my dissertation and let Matt handle it. But, periodically I would hear Matt and the backhoe operator talking down below in the yard, and I would have to go down and see if there was anything I could do to help. As the morning wore on, everytime I went down, I noticed Matt was looking more drawn and distressed with the progress of the work. I kept staying down longer and longer, until finally I didn’t go back upstairs to write.
I stayed down on the site, working side by side with the backhoe operator to empty out the side yard. By the end of the day we had filled a bin with soil and dug a hole approximately 10 x 12 x 8 feet. We have a little more to do tomorrow. I pray that I will be able to report success at the end of the day.